No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help Trying to get more info on this Swan. Not sure makes it.  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Legendary

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass Art
    • United States
Help Trying to get more info on this Swan. Not sure makes it.
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »
Hello. I hope you guys can help me out. I have found this swan in a storage auction I brought. The swan had no more information other than a label at the bottom saying Camer Glass, New York N 885 EB Made in Italy. The swan is in excellent condition with no cracks,scratches etc. I'm trying to find out who the maker could be and what year could this Swan been made. I would like to auction it off but would like to provide much info on this item as possible to any interested buyers. I want to be able to post as much info as I can also. I have provided pictures to help. I've looked all over online and I'm having no luck finding a make like this swan.Hopefully someone here can steer me in the find direction. Thanks!

Legendary

Offline Alsretro

• Members
    • Scotland
    • My Ebay items
Re: Help Trying to get more info on this Swan. Not sure makes it.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:45:36 PM »
Hi
Camer Glass seem to have been importers of items from more than one Murano glass company. There is some information on them here http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?topic=37837.0 but a good chance someone else may recognise a specific maker for your swan bowl.
Alastair

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Help Trying to get more info on this Swan. Not sure makes it.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 10:49:31 PM »
Nice Bird, and Super Great Pics there!!!

Good Find!!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand