No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Flygsfor Conquilles Bowl/ Black and White / Signed and Dated 1959  (Read 789 times)

Offline spitfire1964

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass Identification
    • United State
Hello this is my first time on here. I was given a very beautiful Black and White Bowl. Shaped like a y almost years ago. After the person gave it to me they took it to an antique show with my husband and come to find out they came back and said if I would have known I would have kept it. Never thought much about it, put it on the shelf and forgot about but always loved it. Just the other day I turned it over. Could see a signature on both sides but with my eyesight couldn't read it. So with the help of my son and his friends found out it was a Flysfors Coquilles Bowl Signed and dated 59 by Paul Kedelv. I have no idea what its worth. Quite heavy. I would say its large. I will post pics. Any help would be appreciated. I think I found my next collectibles . His work is beatiful. Some on ebay for 49.95 but others for 452.00. It won't let me post the pic . says its to large. I will try to make it smaller

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline cubby01

• Members
    • central USA
    • VintagePursuits
Re: Flygsfor Conquilles Bowl/ Black and White / Signed and Dated 1959
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »
Hi Spitfire, Welcome.  Make sure you are looking at the 'sold' bits on ebay to get an indication of what things actually sold for.   If the Y shape is what I'm thinking they are fairly common but yes very nice looking pieces.
Pithy sig withheld

Site in progress: http://www.vintagepursuits.com/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline kisslikeether

• Members
    • 20th Century Scandianvian
Re: Flygsfor Conquilles Bowl/ Black and White / Signed and Dated 1959
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
From  your description it sounds like the 'Manta Ray' design. As to value that is not something we discuss here on the board as it is very subjective - it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand