No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need ID Amazing Intaglio 17" Tall Engraved Glass Vase  (Read 2422 times)

Offline dasis72

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • USA
Need ID Amazing Intaglio 17" Tall Engraved Glass Vase
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:30:21 AM »
I have an unusual LARGE 16 1/2" tall Art Glass Vase I obtained from an auction. It's stunning with such great detail in the engraving, which I believe to be intaglio. The base and form is unusual. The only book I have found similar base styles, round & flat pedestal style is from a Steuben book I have. It's hard for me to believe this wasn't done by a talented and renown glass maker or company, however, there is no signature. Below is the description and attached are photos. Please let me know what you think. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Details are below.

The glass is 1/4" thick crystal clear glass depicting a heavily detailed scene of a woman and her cupid while whispering in her ear as she lay amongst the grass and trees dipping her hand in the water below. The neck of the vase, also heavily detailed depicts a large tree with birds flying about, a sun bursting with rays, and puffy clouds in the sky above. The entire front of this piece, bowl and neck are engraved in great detail. The glass is ultra clear. There are NO scratches on this glass and does show some shelf ware on the bottom edge of the base. The bottom of the bowl dips down into the round pedestal base appearing somewhat like a bubble. I have more pictures so please ask if needed. If someone knows a glass expert I'd love to get this to them to review to try to find some answers.
Rebecca

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Need ID Amazing Intaglio 17" Tall Engraved Glass Vase
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:39:48 AM »
looks a bit like work by Dana Kocica from Slovenia, circa1970s made at Rogaska Slatina.  Would be signed though....

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:00:28 PM »
Welcome!!! that looks great , you can always send pictures to the big Auction houses try Simon Cottle at Bonhams London he is very good and it costs nothing you dont have to be selling , you may find someone on this forum can add something in time . cheers good luck  jp

Offline dasis72

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • USA
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »
Thank you so much for the help!  I'll give the auction house a try.  :)
Rebecca

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand