No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano and Pigeons (split topic) ....  (Read 4719 times)

Offline Morgan48

• Members
Murano and Pigeons (split topic) ....
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 07:46:06 PM »
Hi Sue

Many many thanks for the wake up call...I was just looking at the date of the last post and it was now over a year ago... unbelievable..
Very kind of you to say hullo and very much appreciated.
I've been busy since last March ( 2005 ) with some recording projects and typically of me I tend to end up blinkered to that which is going on around me....... I do "pop" in on the GMB from time to time just to see what is going on...
During this time I have also made several attempts to seriously downsize on the amount of glass etc that I have... when it comes down to packing it into cupboards and the loft ( thereby consigned to darkness forever more ) then I see no point keeping so much........ but I cant shift the magpie instinct and have spent many an hour being "selective" and then deciding to put it all away again...!!!...barmy....but then I'm a Welshman living in England... so pretty much to be expected....
.... anyway Sue... enough of my prattling on.... how are you... and are you still collecting IOW and M'dina.... or are you branching out further...and what have I missed out on.....????
I promise to keep in touch this time...
Take care
Gareth
xx

Morgan48

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 01:54:15 AM »
Those who like to criticise a few words of an early draft taken out of context might like to read the original topic Visiting Murano in full, and check the "Last edited" dates.

The topic has, in general, been well received, and I know several who have found it a useful briefing before their visits to the island.

Please judge it for yourself, properly.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 08:11:30 AM »
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hello {{{{{Gareth}}}}}!

I'm so pleased you're okay! Thanks for letting us know.

Have you seen there's a GMB Cafe now, where folk can go to discuss stuff that gets a bit off-topic, but you have to be registered to see it.

Yes, I'm still into Mdina ans IoWSG, but have come to the end of my funds, so am not buying much. Fortunately, I think I'm about finished the collection.

The book on Michael Harris, Mdina and IoWSG, by Mark Hill is being launched at the next Cambridge fair in September, so I'm looking forward to that.

Bernard,  :oops: I'm sorry I ended up taking a thread where something you'd written could be taken out of context, I'm afraid I just got excited when I realised this would be a way of trying to reach Gareth, to find out how he is!

:lol:  :shock:  :lol: It worked!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Morgan48

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 01:34:57 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hi Sue.. Bernard..Simone

Hi Sue
Very pleased  that all is well with you... funny thing though with collecting is that there is a certain drive to complete it and yet there is maybe a dissapointment should we ever reach such a position....I suppose like many other things in life the destination is simply an indicator of where the journey might take us... but the really important issue is in the doing.
Perhaps you'll walk past another piece of glass tomorrow and think wow...and off you go again....its exciting.... I'll not be wandering off again and once more many thanks for the contact.

Hi Bernard
Hopefully our conversation of last year simply remains in its appropriate historical place and leaves no after-taste. Life moves on and I certainly have... We expressed our opinions then and placed a full stop at the end of it. Hopefully you've collected well since then and currently enjoying this superb Spring sunshine.

Hello Simone
Well you are certainly an avid contributor to this board and good to see such an exuberant interest.... I need to go over some of your previous postings to get an idea of your interests...... you can of course tell me but I like also to "read" the person behind the collector..  Speak to you soon

Many regards to all

Gareth

Morgan48

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand