No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mandruzzato?  (Read 6047 times)

Offline David555

• Members
Mandruzzato?
« on: April 18, 2006, 11:02:14 PM »
Hi

I see these vases are now being attributed to Mandruzzato - lozenge shaped base and top, round front and back, textured sides (slanted)

I see the company is indeed selling these designs ref their website. The date given for the company’s expansion into vases and bowls is 1975 onwards.

I bought these from a source who says they are 1970s and am wondering if the company was making them at that date - mine are certainly not modern from the ware to base.

Are there any other companies that made this type of vase?

Also note the difference in aperture with my two vases - one is smaller and rounder than another - is that normal production for Mandruzzato?

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline chuggy

• Members
Mandruzzato?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 06:28:41 AM »
Hi Adam in the Pina book Italian Glass century 20, there are a number of examples of this type of vase all attributed to Campanella including an example of their label. Might be an avenue worth exploring with your examples.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Offline David555

• Members
Mandruzzato?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 02:48:33 PM »
Thanks Paul

Investigated and you definitely have something (pp45) - I never thought to look even though I have faceted sommerso with the Campanella label.

This guy is selling a similar vase but also shows my particular shape at the bottom of his eBay selling page - a group of shapes that seem very similar to Mandruzzato shapes :?:

link

Then there is this guy

link

What is the start date for Campanella - Ivo's A-Z gives 1993 onwards :?:

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Mandruzzato?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 04:46:08 PM »
Wow!  The guy in the second link is incredibly optimistic price-wise!  :shock:   If they were worth that much, I'd consider selling mine! :lol:
I am not a man

Offline David555

• Members
Mandruzzato?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 05:12:26 PM »
Hi Max

I agree

I think all his stuff is expensive and if you look in his store he has some 'well dodgy' attributions - I emailed him that a bowl he has is not Murano but Sasaki (Japan - still good date and maker)

Of course ref his vase he has taken the book price+ as a guide - I always 50% suggested price guides - the prices sent in are usually from shops with overheads.

I see he has got the item on buy it now - I am not sure it is Campanella it could be Mandruzzato http://www.mandruzzato.ve.it/ProdPerFoto_Eng.asp?Cat=50

These seem to be the two companies who made/make these items

If anyone knows of another name please post

Adam

Offline chuggy

• Members
Mandruzzato?
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 05:23:53 PM »
He's actually well over the top on the book price which for that shape and size is $200-250, but I'd have thought $100-150 would be nearer the mark, and I think the first one is a Mandruzatto piece.
Paul

Offline David555

• Members
Mandruzzato?
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 05:35:23 PM »
Hi Paul

Agreed about the first item / link - I think it is Mandruzzato after seeing some better pictures than the grouping on the company website.

I see he is at least selling at near the items value, it's a buyable piece (just) in relation to buying from the company website 72.61 Euro.

I have to correct myself - it is this first seller who has a Sasaki piece described as Murano, not the second as in my last post.

I think both sellers shops are fascinating and not for all the right reasons :roll:

Adam

Offline chuggy

• Members
Mandruzzato?
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 05:46:50 PM »
I just bought the Fazoletto from the second guys shop which looks to me like it might be a decent one and I haven't got the cane combination and best of all it looked cheap to me.
Paul

Offline David555

• Members
Mandruzzato?
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 07:56:02 PM »
He (she) has good stuff - some excellent Blenko and some good Murano

His 1921 VITTORIO ZECCHIN VENINI SOFFIATI VASE IN ROSE! seems to check out (picture wise) which would make it quite an important buy for a collector :?:

Better of the two I think, although the first guy gives yet another Alrose (Pina) attribution (ref striped decanter) - I started a thread about these some weeks ago (Anne has one), the stopper is of milk white glass - these are still in debate with several different labels occurring on the same pieces - I now think these labels are different export or retail labels?

It was Tiger who started the Alrose / striped vase connection going and I hope we get more information to connect / confirm maker as time goes on.

Anyway I go off topic - will continue to look for Mandruzzato & Campanella information on the vases I originally posted - I have already emailed one company

Adam P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand