No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Require help identifying Beehive plate, Bindenschild shield mark.  (Read 1316 times)

Offline KKantiques

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Vintage & Antique art glass
    • Canada
Can someone help me identify the pattern on this plate?  My research on marks4antiques.com suggests that this plate may be authentic and from the "Vienna Imperial and Royal Porcelain Manufactory". This site says that authentic plates from this factory would not have been signed, nor dated and would not be decorated with mythological or historical scenes. In addition, the beehive would not be symmetrical and would need to be under-glaze.

I can not tell if this beehive is under-glaze?  I have just begun learning about the various antiques in my home from my husbands grandfather.  His grandfather was from Hungary and was an antique collector in the 1950's. This may have been an old plate from his ancestors.

Please help with any knowledge you may have. I searched for several hours for this exact beehive mark but only saw one similar and that was of C.M. Hutschenreuther.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Require help identifying Beehive plate, Bindenschild shield mark.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 04:37:17 PM »
Err, this is a glass board not a ceramics board

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand