Here is some biographical info on Philip Jacobs, probably from a gallery tag:
• Born 1931 in Adelaide, South Australia
• Studied silver smithing under Ken Jiggins then going on to study print making with Klaus Zimmer at the Geelong Institute of Technology
• Has been working on creative craft activities on a full-time basis since 1982 primarily as a coppersmith and in lead-light and stained glass work
• By 1987 Philip turned his focus to glass as his main medium of interest and trained in the "Turkey Works" warm glass studio in Sydney under the tutorship of Judith Hancock and Deborah Cocks.
• Has participated in workshops conducted by Pavel Tomecki and Judy Bohm Parre
• Currently working exclusively in kiln-formed glass producing one-off pieces.
I recall seeing similar large and colourful platters for sale in a gallery in Canberra 5-6 years ago. However, that does not fix a date for the above info, because the info came from a different source and could well be older or more recent.