No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Philip (Arthur) Jacobs of Port Macquarie, Australia slumped & kiln formed glass  (Read 6213 times)

Offline singingyamada

• Members
Re: Philip Jacobs or is it.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »
Quandary answered . I am bouncing off the seat. Even more it IS Australian. If you want top add my piece to a blog I am very happy with that. I have started collecting small pieces by Australian glass makers. I am truley grateful for your help. Lee

Offline singingyamada

• Members
Re: Philip Jacobs or is it.
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 08:48:06 AM »
well the answer is found , A lady was researching him and my name popped up with the board. By email.  Philip Arthur jacobs

"My name is evelyn and I wondered if you had all your information for the wonderful artist Philip Arthur Jacobs - he was a Pharmacist in Port Macquarie and a great artist"

"Hello Evelyn I have his piece on my wall because I cant bear to part
with it. How did you know about my search for him?
Lee"

"Hi Lee

Well it is  story. Phil and Judy Jacobs lived in Port Macquarie and Phil was a Pharmacist for many years. I had a terrible surgery and Phil and Judy assisted me to recover from massive adhesions internally. I became friends with both. Phil had a surgery to his leg - veins and it went horribly wrong - he was in a wheelchair. Phil started a glass venture - beautiful pieces - I do not know how long he did this or if he was doing it before he came to Port Macquarie but people snapped up his pieces. Obviously when his health deteriorated he stopped and then he passed away. He was a beautiful quiet man. I was looking in a book he gave my Pharmacist daughter in 1994 and found his original Pharmacy Certificate, I then tried to google Judy who I had lost contact with but found your messageboard so just wondered if you had found the information you wanted. He was in Port Macquarie from at least 1992 onwards because that is when I met him. So have you got the right Philip Jacobs?

Regards Evelyn

"Look what I found

http://members.dodo.net.au/~banksiagrovegallery/index.html 

Look in the index of some of Phil's work (I don't think this Gallery exists anymore as I live in Lake Cathie and have not heard of it)

Regards Evelyn"

Offline singingyamada

• Members

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
I think that nails this one nicely!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline singingyamada

• Members
then lets put him on the honour roll and to rest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand