Author Topic: Weekend puzzle !  (Read 144 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Re: Weekend puzzle !
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 04:13:06 PM »
You mean the one where you lied to me about being far too good at this, before removing it? ;)
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 04:26:41 PM »
Isle of Wight Studio Glass...?

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »
That's the one  ;D I posted  a wrong picture and had to delete it and the post, too late now Greg has got it !

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 05:01:43 PM »
 :) Must admit that was a bit of a left field guess, mainly based on the shape. Not sure at all which range or colourway this belongs to. The colour reminds me a little of the colour used in some of the different Bon Bon colourways.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 07:16:01 PM »
It's not from a known range.

It could well be contemporary with the "Satin, Lace, Ribbons and Silk" ranges; there are known examples of odd "variations on a theme" related to this series of pieces, or it could possibly be from the "Glassmaker's Shelves" in the shop, where one-offs by the makers, done in their own time were sold.
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 07:33:02 PM »
Spot on Sue, the dealer said it came from the 'storeroom' I presume that would be the "Glassmakers 's shelves"  ;D

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand