No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dating Moser  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Dating Moser
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »
I am certain it will not be heat sensitive. Flashing on the inside requires inverting the bubble after flashing - it can be done and is but certainly unusual. But if you want to cut the exterior without removing colour it is the only way. And clearly the case in these particular pieces.

Offline azelismia

• Members
    • The Gilded Curio; a personal collection
Re: Dating Moser
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 02:01:11 PM »

Some of them have a definite cased look. You look on the rim and there is a MM or so of cased glass on the inside the intaglio cutting is on the outside and thus has the look of the color of glass lining the inside of the piece.

But other times there is no apparent layer in the glass and the intaglio cutting appears to be the color of the glass. Looking from the top down it looks a solid lavender in color. no clear showing at all.  When you look from the base down there appears to be no lavender. it's all clear.

http://www.thegildedcurio.com/item-422.html

this one is an example of that (although I don't have a pic of the rim on my webpage) This particular example is a monster. It weighs about 8 pounds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand