Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Glass Books

Pirelli, Bimini, Komaromy Glass - London Lampworkers Book 1 published

<< < (2/7) > >>

Lustrousstone:
A small point of pedantry: how many parts are there, as

--- Quote ---a four book Trilogy
--- End quote ---
is impossible... Four parts would be a quadrilogy.

Anne:
Ahhhh but if it's good enough for Douglas Adams... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Adams ;) 

Lustrousstone:
That's not uncommon, but they start off as trilogies that Topsy. And it doesn't answer the question.

Angela B:
Hi Christine and Anne,
There are four books in this Trilogy. I want to call it a Trilogy and not a Tetralogy nor a Quadrilogy, partly because I like the word and partly because its a bit eccentric and I always longed to be eccentric.
I just watched a youtube video of Carson Taite asking Lea Santos's why she called her four book series a trilogy and Lea explains: "because it's wrong, and that makes me happy".
And then there's this from Wikipedia: "Richard Wagner's epic series of operas, Der Ring des Nibelungen, is sometimes referred to as a trilogy even though it consists of four works: Das Rheingold, Die Walküre, Siegfried, and Götterdämmerung. The first work, Das Rheingold, is shorter than the other three, running a bit over 3 hours, while all the others are over five. "
And my first book is shorter than the other three.
Usually, as Christine says, a trilogy that has more than three books gets that way because more were added later - as in Isaac Asimov's Foundation trilogy, or Douglas Adam's Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
I hope you can humour me and let me call our four books a Trilogy.
And most important of all, of course, please read the first book and let me know what you think.
All the very best
Angela

Lustrousstone:
You can call it what you like, but people like to know what they're expecting  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version