No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pink Birds - Murano or Venetian ?  (Read 3921 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Pink Birds - Murano or Venetian ?
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 04:57:15 AM »
As the saying goes *chitt happens* via the mail system.  I will not be the last person who incurs this via mail parcel service.... :-\

I will repair it as I have looked around.  IT is WORTHY to repair that one bird to go with the other bird IMHO -- so I still have a pair.  Even the one that did not incur the same fate ......  Still has a Value, as a Single bird.  But I am going to try to fix the other bird, as it was a clean break and Not a million glass chards......wHEW....is all I can say about that

I am going to try this glue LOCTITE GLUE - Here to fix the one bird, so I still have a pair.    I believe it worthy to fix, as I am sure not going to toss the one bird out.  Over my dead body......LOL

Any else tried this Glue?  Or maybe it is just from around here...but I will give it a try.  The reviews seem good about it.

I love my birds, they will not be going no where.  The Nest home is Right here.....LOL.  Glad I found them!!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 05:55:07 AM »
Rose, your bird is in the zoo now at http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/birds-by-barovier-toso. That is one good looking bird! You are so lucky.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 11:48:47 AM »
You could try using the windscreen repair resin. Its about £20. It is hardened by UV light and dries with the same refractive quality as the glass. I tried to fix a chip but the area was too small but should work well with the bird. I get upset at times with damaging glass myself, a piece that has made it through 90 yrs + a boot sale or Charity shop makes it to me in one piece then I break it !!! My latest is dropping a Riedel Crystal Glass, I got it  for a £1 but still feel the loss lol. I would try to sort the bird as they look great as a pair.
Pete. :-)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 01:48:43 PM »
You could try using the windscreen repair resin. Its about £20. It is hardened by UV light and dries with the same refractive quality as the glass.

Thanks will check into that. 

I have a small UV light here (compliments of fellow UK GMB member  :) ) and I did FINALLY find a bigger UV light for home (electric) as it is one of those for checking $$$.  So I guess that would work to harden any UV glue that need to dry via a UV light.  Do the smaller ones work as well, since it is more portable?

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 06:22:36 PM »
If we ever see the sun again it will harden in natural sunlight but takes a while. I think the UV lamp has to be fairly strong. I left mine on overnight and that helped but the sunlight set it better as my UV wasnt very strong either.
Pete. :-)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 10:13:37 PM »
lol

Moral of the story:  Wait till the brightest, longest day of UV Sunshine.  Here in Canada I better wait a bit...lol

@ Anita:  Bird looks Good in the Zoo there.  Great job there!  :thumbsUp:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand