No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: my latest find  (Read 3550 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
my latest find
« on: February 23, 2013, 08:35:28 PM »
heres a pic of my latest Monart find,  pre war shape YA size V (10 inches) colour code is like 42b but this piecehas  h a real nice blue colour aswell, the rest of colour is same as 42b pink purple white lined, the decoration of the pulls is in my mind cracking, gives it nice white stripes , one of the best pieces ive seen shape and decoration  for a while, ;) your thoughts please
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: my latest find
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 08:50:28 PM »
Gary it is a stunning piece.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 08:54:34 PM »
Gary it is a stunning piece.
Gary
cheers, whats your thoughts on colour code since this has blue in it

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »
Not seen that particular colour scheme before, but it works really well with that shape.
Can I have your permission to take a copy of the image for my research into Monart colour codes and if possible a picture of the base.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 10:01:43 PM »
Not seen that particular colour scheme before, but it works really well with that shape.
Can I have your permission to take a copy of the image for my research into Monart colour codes and if possible a picture of the base.
Gary
yeah no probs, i shall get some better pics taking in next day or two of vase and base

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
ive took some pics but not happy withem , the base is a nightmare as inside it in the foot is years and years of stuck on grime/dust and i dont have anyway or anything to get to it as the vase narrows right down to a small hole then the foot is shallow and hollow , tried soaking it for hours, and it shows through onto base from outside ???

Offline Simba

• Members
  • QVOD SIS ESSE VELLIS - Be happy as you are !
    • Art Deco Glass
    • Wales
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 10:12:25 PM »
you need a good old fashion pipe cleaner but make sure you bend the end of it over to avoid scratching the inside of vase. Craft shops sell them now ...nice long fat ones...always works for me. Beautiful vase !!!

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »
Hi Gary I have had trouble getting a good represention of the colour on my Monart pieces with colour code 42B.
It was actually a picture of the base with pontil mark that I would like an image of.
Gary

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 01:17:09 AM »
Beautiful - I love the colour combination.
m

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 05:51:43 AM »
you need a good old fashion pipe cleaner but make sure you bend the end of it over to avoid scratching the inside of vase. Craft shops sell them now ...nice long fat ones...always works for me. Beautiful vase !!!
thanks i shall try and find a shop that sells these and give it a go

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand