Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Murano & Italy Glass

Show off: Flavio Poli "Sommerso" vase

<< < (2/3) > >>

ardy:
Sounds like a wonderful buy but how much light does it need to show of the Poli sommerso?

Would not mind seeing it back lit...

TxSilver:
I'm off to the cafe to see if there a story of wrestling with the lawyer for the vase. Sounds intriguing.

rocco:
Thanks all!

@ardy: the vase looks great on the windowsill with light coming from behind, but even then it is very dark.
My normal setup obviously came to a limit when photographing this vase (too much white mirroring everywhere...)

I shall think about a setup with back light to show the sommerso better, which is really beautiful IMHO. (I love that ruby red layer inbetween -- seems almost like a signature feature for Flavio Poli).
And I forgot to mention: it has the best base finish I have ever seen -- no edge, not even bevelling, just polished to a perfect smooth curve.

Michael

chopin-liszt:
That is something else Michael.   8)
My Michael would have it in the house like a shot.  ;) It has power and presence as well as beauty.

rocco:
Thanks Sue! -- It is a very serious piece of glass 8)

I tried my best to get a decent shot of it with backlight (to show the Sommerso better as ardy wished) , but the thick glass and dark colours are beyond my photographic skills...

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version