No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Selkirk - Crown weight  (Read 1221 times)

Offline SophieB

• Members
Selkirk - Crown weight
« on: February 24, 2013, 12:01:42 PM »
Dear all,

I acquired this nice Selkirk weight at the week-end. It is marked Selkirk glass Scotland - Crown weight - 1992 and it is signed with a PH cane. I would like to know whether someone has a limited edition Selkirk that is similar to this weight. I suspect that my mine was an experimental weight.

I own a resembling limited edition called pink latticino issued in 1996 but it is a cushion and not a crown weight. So I wonder whether there is a crown weight limited edition out there of this type.

SophieB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
Re: Selkirk - Crown weight
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:14:24 PM »
Afraid I have one as well, same enscription, different top cane.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/pooleandpaperweights/20130224_200814.jpg

Ian

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
Re: Selkirk - Crown weight
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:10:27 PM »
Hi Ian,

Many thanks for this. Your weight is indeed very similar to mine. This is interesting; it looks as if Peter Holmes did play around with this design, then.

Sophie

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand