No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dino Martens Bird? = NO probably Formia  (Read 2431 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
Dino Martens Bird? = NO probably Formia
« on: April 22, 2006, 02:28:59 PM »
Hello-
I don't have the Dino Martens book, but this piece that I recently acquired seems to be stylistically similar.  It is quite a heavy and large piece, as figurines go.  Any help with identification would be greatly appreciated.

Charles.

Offline Laura Friedman

• Members
    • http://planetglass.net
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 06:17:09 PM »
It's a cut bird, but definitely not by Dino Martens. The Martens filigrana birds have the filigrana on the outside, not under clear glass.

Laura

Offline horochar

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 02:37:13 AM »
I believe the mystery may be solved.  Ivo from the main glass board, bless his soul, pointed me to Formia.  A diligent search of their website yielded a similar piece, misclassified (charmingly) as "multicolor".  At the Formia website, www.formiaglass.it (click on "old website"), you'd type in search "toucan multicolor."  Using the search term "striped" doesn't get you there, although it does show that Formia uses this black/white internal stripe technique for vases, as well as "multicolor" toucans.  With enough patience, I'd probably find my bird, too, on that website, but life is too short.  Whatever.
Charles.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand