No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: walther and Brockwitz  (Read 7733 times)

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
Re: walther and Brockwitz
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 11:11:50 PM »
just after some info on the Brockwitz trafalgar , the bowl appears to come in 2 sizes ,i have purchaced both sizes ,If they birdies go in the small one ,what goes in the big bowl ? I know that with  Walther the figures most could go in any bowl ,they were just pictured in catalog in a certain bowl for selling purposes ,some were made for one particular bowl while others could multi fit , My old Geman mate has now moved on so i am unable to get him to read it to me ,i only understand very little German , Thanks REX

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »
Hi Rex
I never realised there were 2 size bowls.I did see a catalogue image of the bowl with the stretching lady in the middle instead of the Column.
I am not sure if the green one I am getting this week is the large or smaller of the bowls so will wait with baited breath.
Unfortunately the pink Fortuna bowl and birds that I bought from the auction house arrived smashed due to bad packing...the birds have some damage but luckily a dealer I know has some spare birds and I have just managed to buy an amber Fortuna bowl with the holes for the birds so I might try sealions and see if they fit into the holes.
Nige
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 06:40:25 PM »
Hi Rex
Got the Brockwitz Fortuna bowl in green today and its the larger size.Also mine has 3 birds with wings out and 1 bird with wings in.
I will be able to make up an amber set of this as the dealer has spare amber birds and I have the bowl coming to me shortly.

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 01:39:25 AM »
Very good ,i am jealous ,would love to have some of your collection , REX

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 05:43:31 AM »
Hi Rex
Hahaha I would like some of yours too lol
I was bidding on the pink Viktoria but someone has outbid me and I'm not going to go any further on it.If it can go up so quickly I wonder why mine never had any interest when I listed it previously? So I have listed it again and see if it does anything.
I've got some spare green Walther float bowls but I think you will probably have them....green Juno bowl,green Groningen bowl and a green Neptun bowl.The Neptun bowl usually goes on top of the fish comport base but I have been told by some collectors that the Koalas has often been found in that bowl.The schwalben looks good in that bowl too.
I myself need the Neptun bowl in clear and frosted glass to go with a white koalas.The koalas is definately Walther as I saw an article about it on pressglas korrespondez.
Nige

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 05:46:22 AM »
Nigel it is probably being schill bid , ebay dont give all info now as buyers could check and see who was doing it , i still bust a few     , I have a reverse scam when i want to buy an article off ebay say a mower which i just purchased ,i go on and look, find what i am after and find who is schill bidding , you go onto feedback and check so called bidders look at their bids with this seller and if a few have abnormally amounts of percentage with that seller then you can look for them on all the items for sale , i usually then wait till Sunday night when they list them at a low start < They all finish at same price , i check over a few weeks .I then when i have identified which one has started schill bidding i report them , for some strange reason ? nobody then bids on item except me ,Does ebay warn huge sellers? I usually get items for under half price in stores here  , So you see if you scam, sometimes it costs you . Also if they are bidding early they are newbies that dont know what they are doing ,not many auctions are won early , If i realy want to try to win i set what price i will pay ,i never bid more and bid late  ,it doesnt give snipers or other bidders a chance to come back ,but if they have bid more earlier they win which i have no problem with , I know most of you as sellers dont like late bidders as you want a bidding war but i dont need any glass item that bad to enter into one , sometimes as i have to work 12 hour shifts at night i bid early but will usually come home to bid as late as possible , I have now bought large quantities from ebay and without it wouldnt have anything like i have , We have so much we are going to sell most Australian glass we have probably the lot in one go , We started thinking we could collect one of each piece of walther in each colour ,we now know its impossible so collect one of every piece in any colour , although would like to complete all colours in a couple of items , like a blue orla , a green scmettling , green glasgow,a large clear greta, REX 

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 09:18:18 AM »
Hi Rex
Looks like Dylan is going to pay a big price for it as he is winning at the moment.The seller I know for a fact has 2 other ebay names-harleyandalfiesmom and Morkymark and me and some other ebayers have noticed schill bidding on their items before.
I once sold a couple of float bowls to harleyandalfiesmom and then they turned up on ebay more or less straight away under the other ebay name.
I have the pink Viktoria base already but has some damage and it has an amber Viktoria peg bowl on top of it so I would liked to have had a complete pink set.I am not keen on blue I buy it if I see it to sell on or swap like yesterday I found a blue Waltraut clock which I am going to list today along with the Fortuna bowl.
I collect mainly pink and amber Walther now so thats why most of my green and blue I was listing...no bids though.
I like yourself have rumbled schill bidding before and reported them but ebay is so shallow because they are big sellers they are still getting listing fees from them.I have also left bad feedback and when I look they have tons of bad feedback but still they are allowed to trade? Again ebay are grabbing bastards that they still get their fees.And yet I have had listings removed because I mention swaps or say the words "Lalique style"

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 08:52:53 PM »
Poor Dylan as much as I don't like the guy he has been stitched up with that Viktoria that was definately a schill bid so he fell for it.
I got my blue Viktoria for a steal so he has paid a hell of a lot for that,he must have a very rich boyfriend.
Funny that the schill bidder never put another bid on it.

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 11:27:36 PM »
Hi Nigel

Rich?? I wish lol. We will have to sell a lot of things on eBay in the next few weeks because of this comport.  This is one rare item which we really like to own.

Next up, hopefully a nice clown clock in any colour.  BTW, hope you'll find your green Arabella lamp soon. I bought mine from a dealer (RubyLane) for 950 pounds in UK....crazy price but at least I have one example in our collection now.

Cheers!

Offline racyrabbit2000

• Members
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 01:14:36 AM »
Any items i am after ? I have been waiting a couple of months now for a deal to come off but nothing has eventuated so i am still looking for some ,walther and brockwitz or any of the czech figurines in colours i dont have ,Stll after a couple of Bagley items crane,owls, kaola bear vase in green or amber?Thanks REX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand