No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Krisall-Glaswerk BUDER  (Read 9551 times)

Offline AndrewPerrott

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glassware
    • England
Krisall-Glaswerk BUDER
« on: March 11, 2013, 01:05:56 PM »
Some two weeks ago I traveled along memory lane and whilst in Lower Saxony visited to a small town called
Volpriehausen. Until 1986 this was the location of a family owned glass factory by the name of Buder who produced pressed
and mouth blown lead crystal. The factory has been demolished, however there remains a museum and a small cutting shop
trading under the name Ludwig who to this day are using blanks produced by Buder. I imported a number on both pressed
and mouth blown items in the seventies and represented the firm in South Africa. It so sad that firms like Buder no longer exist and I wonder if any members have any memories of the company. I will be pleased to hear from any interested party.
,Andrew.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Krisall-Glaswerk BUDER
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 11:27:36 PM »
From http://www.volpriehausen.com/KBergbauRundgang.html

The firm existed from 1950-1987. On the website it is variously named as  Glashütte Ernst Buder, Bleikristallglashütte Buder.

Ernst Buder, was a refugee from the Lower Lausitz - Eastern Germany/Polish border region. So it is likely that any previous glass work of Buder was in that region... but cannot find anything with the name.

from elsewhere:
Kristallglaswerk Buder GmbH & Co KG, Address: Postfach 2110 D - 3418 Uslar 2 Germany , Products: Machine-made crystal
This form of the name also appears on a 1982/3 tableware catalogue in Rakow library. Products included are Glassware includes pitchers, trays, footed bowls, covered dishes, vases, candlesticks, decanter sets, tumblers, ice buckets, novelty ash trays, animal figurines, and barware.

US outlet c1983 was Action Industries, Cheswick, PA, USA.

Anything you can add to this would be of great interest to us here.

Offline AndrewPerrott

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glassware
    • England
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:50:32 AM »
Many thanks Frank for your recent information regarding company Buder. I am able to give you the following details.

In the late sixties and early seventies the company was managed by Mrs Buder, together with her four sons who were Stefan,Ulrich, Dieter and Reiner. Stefan was a Doctor of Mathmatics and, whilst he lectured in Berlin, at he same time he assisted in the company's export programme as he spoke good English. Ulrich who was a lawyer also helped with the French speaking customers. Both attended trade fairs in Hannover and Frankfurt.

Also working in the company serving the home market was Mr Stretzel, the brother of Mrs Buder. Both Reiner and Dieter were employed in the factory.

The factory site had been used during the second world war as an armaments unit and I believe that Ernst Buder moved from East Germany in the late fifties under a Government sponsored scheme to introduce employment oppourtunities to the area.

The cutting shop was managed by a Mr Rauchker who developed  designs for items that were pressed and over-cut by hand, at the same time making mouth blown glass wihich was then hand cut.

Employed at that time as Sales Manager was Herbert Ruckert who became Managing Director after the departure of the family in the late seventies due to financial problems.

Sometime in the seventies Buder appointed an agent in London by the name of John Amlot who extende the client base in the UK introducing the importing company of S Dornberger amongst others.

Somewhere in my records I have some details of Buder's production and if and when I am able to locate them I will post.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »
Excellent information Andrew, thank you for all that. I am intrigued as to where Ernst Buder learned his trade.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 02:06:46 AM »
Four pages from an Ernst Buder catalogue shown here: http://www.holder.de/dbbild/08080981-5318.jpg - Andrew welcome to the board, and thanks for your information. You have pointed me towards another maker of glass trinket sets, one I'd not found before. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 09:11:49 PM »
Separate thread for Buder trinket sets with images... http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,51970.0

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 05:26:41 AM »
Thank you Andrew, Anne and Frank !
Pleased to inform that Dieter Neumann bought the catalogue mentioned, will be available soon to everyone here  :)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 11:32:47 PM »
Excellent news Pamela, thank you. :) x
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 06:27:49 PM »
This is what Dieter Neumann likes to contribute from 'Sprechsaal' directories 1956-1957

Glashüttenwerk Ernst Buder, Uslar, established 1950; still working 31.7.1986 (Stichtag der Doktorarbeit von Otto Moritz) as Kristallwerk Buder GmbH & Co. KG

Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 08:19:19 PM »
The announced catalogue got priority today  :D

Ernst Buder Glashüttenwerk, Volpriehausen 1960
Pamela

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand