No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Favour wanted  (Read 1362 times)

Offline mjr

• Members
Favour wanted
« on: March 14, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »
Anyone close to Colchester?.  I have a couple of badge weights at Reeman Dansies. Unlike most other auction houses who are happy to parcel up and post paperweights and small items, they are refusing, and pointing me at Mailboxes who are indicating £35-£40.     It would be wonderful if it someone could pick them up and post them to me.  Otherwise, if someone knows of a cheaper alternative to Mailboxes that covers that area.   
Thanks
Martin

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
Re: Favour wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 03:47:22 PM »

Hi  Martin.  I have not found anyone cheaper, I'm sorry to say... :(

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Nick77

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »
Something I've done before, although not with this auction house, is to offer to send them a  self addressed box with packaging and stamps on and see if they will just put the paperweights in and repost it.

It's always best to check the auction house terms and conditions before bidding as I find that many will not pack and send. Mail Boxes franchises also vary, some do not charge to collect if they make quite a few regular collections from an auction but most do. One this week wanted £8+VAT to collect on top of the packaging and post charges, from an auction house just under 2 miles away from them, despite telling me thay already had  about 30 other lots to collect from there. I declined to pay and will be collecting myself!

And Yes 1 paperweight from Reeman Dansie cost me £30 with Mail Boxes. >:(

Offline mjr

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 05:11:21 PM »
fyi .   
I did persuade Reeman Dansie to pack it for me - I sent them a flat box in the post, and then ordered parcelforce on-line to pick it up from them. Total cost about £12
Martin

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 06:29:44 PM »
Glad to hear you got sorted in the end.
Have we no glassies in Colchester?  :o
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken