No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano drinking set with cooler needs more information  (Read 3411 times)

Offline kirstinm

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • all kind of glass
    • Germany
Murano drinking set with cooler needs more information
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »
Hey all! I am new here and need help with this drinking set. I have a hint that it may be designed by Umberto Nasson for Carlo Moretti about 1955. It has labels at some of it - see picture. I found some of this kind but without the paper news decor - only white outside attributed to U.Nasso. Can anyone tell me more? And another question - does anyone speak italian - would be great to get a translation of the "paper news" - may be that would help to find out more about this!

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Murano drinking set with cooler needs more information
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:53:53 PM »
 Absolutely Nason - they got a Compaso d' oro for the inverted lattimo in 1957 - i may be off by a year as i'm not near my books.

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 05:38:42 AM »
Hi Ivo if this is Nason then the mods should grab a copy of this label as it is not on our file.

Particularly for people who could mistake it for an Archimede Seguso label with the scolloped edge.

kirstinm would it be OK for the mods to copy this label?

Ardy
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline kirstinm

• Members
    • all kind of glass
    • Germany
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »
Off course - it is such a great libary  and helped me many times to ID some of my glass - it is a honer  :D

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 08:14:50 AM »
Back to base. The designer is Umberto Nason, the company is Nason & Moretti and the year is 1955.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »
Kirtinnm, could you please provide a larger image of the label - about 300 or 400pixel wide would be good. If you have trouble resizing your images to fit the Board kb limit, please send it to me by email (click on my email icon to the left of this post). I will then do my best to add it to the Glass Queries Gallery under the Murano 101 Labels section.

Out of interest, do we know what the label's G A S letters mean?
KevinH

Offline kirstinm

• Members
    • all kind of glass
    • Germany
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 09:39:31 AM »
No - we don't know waht the letters me - thought about Art Glass Society . That was the only thing I found and make sence - but it is just an idea.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 09:53:19 AM »
Thanks, kirstinm.

Copy of label image now placed in Murano 101 Labels in Glass Gallery (if you are not aware of the Glass Gallery - take a look at http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/ ). I have added the label as "Nason & Moretti" ... it will show alphabetically in the 101 section.
KevinH

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 10:23:47 AM »
Could be a Murano retailer or decorator of course...

Offline kirstinm

• Members
    • all kind of glass
    • Germany
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 10:29:03 AM »
Just take a look to the glass gallery (wow - great). If it is interesting I could some signatures and labels from Germany.
Great source! About my set - I really would like to know what is written in the paper news print - maybe somebody speaks italian and could translate? I am thinking a bout writing a mail to Moretti - maybe they could and would give me more informations ....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand