No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Coquille Flygsfors Unsigned ?  (Read 4145 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Coquille Flygsfors Unsigned ?
« on: March 18, 2013, 02:43:17 PM »
Hi, I picked this up this morning. It is 25cm in Height. It has everything about it that says Flygsfors by Paul Kedelv. I have read on here that all the pieces in this range are signed up until PK left. The Colours and shape are a match and the same piece is seen in a number of sites as a signed piece. The second link shows a 1959 piece marked without the signature. I read that he left in 1956 and the pieces he designed were without his signature but dated. Can you free up the confusion or did I not read far enough into it. I put much more faith on the members of this board than what I read online and wikipedia is a banned site in my home  ;D It is a nice piece of Art Glass. I like the separation of the colours in it, they are sharp and clean (if that makes sense.)

http://flygsfors.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/flygsfors08.jpg?w=544
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/7452323
Pete. :-)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Coquille Flygsfors Unsigned ?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »
After further searches I have seen 'Coquille'  attributed to Paul Kedelv for Reijmyre that is unsigned. Could this be from there or just an unsigned Flygsfors ?

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »
My take would be that this is an unsigned Flygsfors piece, unusual although that might be. I agree with you that everything about the piece says Flygsfors, except no marking on the base.

Some of the Reijmyre pieces Kedelv did were in the same spirit as Coquille, but still different. For example, this is is a piece from Reijmyre in 1958, part of the "Harlequin" line, I believe.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 04:29:02 PM »
Thanks for your input. This is only the second piece I have handled so am still new to his work. The other piece was a shorter wider blue and white piece that was signed but had a fair sized chip out of the side. I have to admit I have looked through your pictures before and seen some nice Glass and been able to identify a few pieces from it.  :) Thanks again Langhaugh

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 06:18:05 PM »
Flygsfors would be my bet too.

This one was signed (not exact same design), click to the left for a few more shapes: https://picasaweb.google.com/Johnmj100/ScandinavianGlass#5803187071691566018

John

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »
Its nice to know I spotted a nice piece. The place I got it from has provided 4 pieces of Scandinavian glass. Three were over a year ago though. Its what I call an 'old school' charity shop and I get a few pieces of crystal in there as well. I must start going more often  ;D Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand