Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Are they Davidsons Luna or Whitefriars ??????

<< < (3/9) > >>

paradisetrader:
Della
The differences in photos is subtle unless you have a trained eye in which case the crimped rim is a dead give-away.

Once you have handled both WF and these the differences are absolutely clear. No pics of bases are needed.

It has been mentionned previously that in the Mistaken Identities section of www.whitefriars.com there are indeed many mistaken identities. These have arisen from the opinions of posters there whose focus is on Whitefriars. Anything less is inferior in quality whatever it is. Mistaken attributions take on a life of their own. Understandable but incorrect.

I agree with the poster who identified these as Royal Castle.

It's a pity that so many misunderstandings and animosities arose during that discussion. Happily we have been free from such here for quite some time. Long may that continue.

David E:

--- Quote ---It's a pity that so many misunderstandings and animosities arose during that discussion. Happily we have been free from such here for quite some time. Long may that continue.
--- End quote ---

Couldn't agree more. The virtiolic manner of some posters on wf.com leaves me staggered – I really cannot understand why it has descended to such a level.

Della:
Thanks Peter, much appreciated.
I am not sure as to whether the need for photos can be dispelled. From the one tiny photo that I have seen of a base, I would be have been able to discount the ones I have. So for someone who really would like to collect, that would be at least one pitfall out of the way.
Luckily, I just buy what I like, anything from Johansfors to Murano. The monetary value is of little interest to me. I only like identification for 2 reasons:

1. The knowledge gathered along the way, which leads to spotting a piece you already have, combined with the satisfaction after the frustration :twisted:  :lol:

2.When I die, my kids know what they are selling. 8)

We are a friendly bunch here....aren't we? :)

paradisetrader:
Well lets see what you've got !

Della:

--- Quote from: "Peter" ---Well lets see what you've got !
--- End quote ---

Ooh...err :wink:  :lol:

Do you mean the 2 vases which I thought were Whitefriars, or my glass collection?

If the latter, I will take some photos this afternoon. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version