Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Are they Davidsons Luna or Whitefriars ??????

<< < (2/9) > >>

David E:
If you mean Davidson's Luna pattern, then I think definitely not.

Ivo:
back to square one, then. :-)

Anne E.B.:
Ivo - I have a Luna pattern bowl.  The surface texture is different from yours and the glasss is considerably thinner too.  I like yours -  Swap? :lol:

Patrick:
Hi DELTAB, Thanks for your comments, The 2 bark vases on http://www.whitefriars.com/isit_contents.php?pageNum_Recordset4=1&ID=3378 are definarley Whitefriars.... Very rare medium Sky Blue value circa 800.00 plus for the pair. I thaught you may be interested in the value incase you see any in this colour in you travels.. The smaller versions are worth evem more!   Regards Patrick.

Della:
Hi Patrick,
Thanks for the information.
I didn't doubt for one moment that they are Whitefriars. I was just trying to explain that, for a novice, identification is very difficult. I have not yet found a site where there is a clear photo of the base, a photo from above or a close up of the pattern  :? . I do understand the frustration of the experts when these similar vases are posted again and again, but I also empathise with the novices when they are fooled into believing that they are purchasing a genuine Whitefriars article. Catalogues are wonderful for reference purposes, but again they show no pictures of bases etc.
I know I scoured the catalogues before I posted my vases on the Is It section, but everything, as far as I could see :oops:  :oops:  was in keeping with the sizes, colour etc. Fortunately, I bought mine for a euro and they wern't sold to me as anything other than a vase and at the time Whitefriars wasn't a sought after item. I bought them becasue I liked them. I still don't know who made them :roll: , but I am not too worried about it. :)

You never know, one day I may find one of the Sky Blue ones :wink:  :lol:  even here in Holland.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version