No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Josef Fischer Fichtelberg Saxony Germany  (Read 5446 times)

Offline AndrewPerrott

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glassware
    • England
Josef Fischer Fichtelberg Saxony Germany
« on: March 27, 2013, 08:29:36 AM »
I recall from the deep mists of time that I purchased a range of crystal items from this small factory in Fichtelberg a delightful small town hard by the Czech border. The records of these transactions have long been disposed of and I can only remember that the export manager was a Mr Sim and the factory was a small enterprise that produced some delightful objects. I beleive that the company ceased trading some years ago and I wonder if any member of GMB has any information and maybe a catalogue. I look forward to any contribution.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Josef Fischer Fichtelberg Saxony Germany
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 10:35:42 AM »
seems they moved into fork lifts.
http://www.industriegeraete.info/
Who else would have the address Fischerglas strasse 1 and 2?

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »
This is what Dieter Neumann likes to contribute from 'Sprechsaal' directories 1951-1952 plus Season's Greetings 1955

Please note that Fichtelberg Ofr. is Oberfranken, BAVARIA near Bayreuth (not Saxony)

:)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 06:21:48 PM »
'Sprechsaal' directory 1956 - 1957

Glashüttenwerk Josef Fischer, established 1945; still working 31.7.1986  (Stichtag der Doktorarbeit von Otto Moritz)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline AndrewPerrott

• Members
    • Glassware
    • England
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 10:36:46 AM »
Many thanks Pamela for your information concerning both Josef Fischer and Ernst Buder. Should any further details emerge I will advise.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 11:58:34 AM »
The glassworks also ran a glassmaking school "Werkberufsschule des Glashüttenwerks Fischer Fichtelberg" from 1958-1970 with students from Fischer and other glassworks in the region. So 100 to 200 glassmakers learned their skills there.

I guess someone could try to phone him or his descendant to get more info... http://www.forklift.de/de/endkunde/dabg.php?id=9958&name=Josef+Fischer+GmbH+-+Fichtelberg

Offline AndrewPerrott

• Members
    • Glassware
    • England
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
I visited Fichtelberg last week and I can confirm that the present company Josef Fischer is owned and run by the same family who
operated the crystal factory. As seen on Google they now sell fork lift trucks. Neustad a.d. Waldnaab in the same area looks rather sad and untidy, evidence of the unemployment there since the demise of both Beyer and Hofbauer. In Prague I visited the showroom of Moser in Na Pricope. It is truly fabulous within an historic building and displaying the most extensive collection of wonderful product. I would suggest to anybody visiting Prague that they should take the opportunity to visit.

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 06:49:37 PM »
The Warmensteinacher Glasmuseum seems to have a glass plate (of 200 LE) made in 1969 for NASA to commemorate the moon landing.

Some info (in German) on Werkberufsschule des Glashüttenwerks Fischer Fichtelberg.

Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand