Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Unresolved Glass Queries

Pressed glass vase. Any ideas?

(1/2) > >>

Della:
Hi All,

I bought this yesterday, not my taste, but I thought it looked liked the carnival vase I had and, for 25 cents, I thought it was worth buying just so that I could compare the two.
This one is totally different. I have visited Pamela's site and been 'surfing' all day, on an off and I am still no further.
Glen has a similar patterned one on her site, but the base is different.
It is 25.5 cm tall, weighs a fair bit and has a decent amount of age wear to the base.

:shock: Click to enlarge :shock:

As always, any input is greatly aprreciate.
TIA :lol:

Ivo:
also available in vivid uranium green....

Anne E.B.:
I'll have a wild shot .... Davidson's Jacobean?   :oops:

paradisetrader:
looks like it to me .....or Rudolf Schrotter's "Lord" for Josef Inwald (same pattern different maker) .....but the big guns will need to confirm.

Glen:
Ay karumba! I swear these block patterns are haunting me. They are so, so tricksy.

Della's vase looks much like Inwald's Jacobean (aka "Milord")...but I feel the pedestal base and the top are not an exact match. Della's vase base is scalloped/rounded, whereas Inwald's Jacobean appears to be angled flat, and also is much tighter pinched in.

Della, does the base of your vase have that highly polished mirror shiny grind of your Inwald Carnival piece? Absence or presence of such a base won't confirm Inwald as the maker, but it would be another piece of info to help.

I haven't yet had the chance to check this further - but I will.

Glen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version