No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Carnival Glass candy dish with lid  (Read 3050 times)

Offline chh

• Members
Carnival Glass candy dish with lid
« on: April 22, 2006, 02:09:17 AM »
I have a Carnival Glass candy dish with lid that has been in my family for years. I was wondering if anyone knew who made it or how i can find out. It is not marked. Also, how much is it worth if anything. I found 2 just like it on Ebay but no info about the maker, etc..

Here is the pic, http://i3.tinypic.com/w2g0pe.jpg
HHIV

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 09:09:26 AM »
Also please see your other thread with the description for the identification of this piece.

Indiana Glass Co., Dunkirk, Indiana. 1970s production. Iridised blue glass (Carnival) pattern is known as "Harvest" and this is the covered compote, #2225, "Wedding Bowl and Cover".

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline chh

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 03:58:28 PM »
Thanks Glen, this makes alot of sense now. My parents were married in the late 60's and moved to Ohio near the Indiana border and this was a gift from my father's Great Aunt who was a nun. My parents probably recieved it around 1970 or the early 70's. thanks so much.
HHIV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand