No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hadeland vase sticker help  (Read 3403 times)

Offline Kez

• Members
Hadeland vase sticker help
« on: April 09, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »
Hello , this brown, clear cased Hadeland vase is 21 cm's high with a smooth base. I was wondering if the sticker which is metallic gold and black can be used for an indication of year produced? With thanks Kez

Sorry I have just realised I should of posted it on Scandinavian Glass , apologies.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Hadeland vase sticker help
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:20:07 PM »
I don't know if this is going to be of any help, but I do have a Hadeland piece - a Benny Motzfeldt one with a Hadeland label - and it's quite different.
Basically the same shape, it is silver; the word "original" is written in small capital letters above the word Hadeland; there is the letter K in the middle, (where you have H); and in the third section it reads Norsk.
Underneath the piece is engraved Hadeland 8006. B.M. and there is a brown paper label - possibly aged brown - it's hard to tell and there is something written on it in pencil, but I don't know what. I don't even know if it was an original label.
I've just peered at it with my closest closeup glasses- I think it might read 8006, then a bit under that which might read New or Moz or Nov or Had.
I am clueless as to what year it was made, but I would be interested in finding out.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 11:37:34 PM »
Your vase is pictured on p. 14 of Fire and Sea by Pina. It has the same label, too, but no attribution beyond Hadeland. The back of the book shows two other Hadeland labels, but hard to judge age beyond guessing 1960's/70's. The few Hadeland pieces I have are all signed, btw.

Benny Motzfeldt worked for Hadeland, 1955-67 if that helps. I should add I am definitely not saying that Benny is a candidate here.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 06:27:58 AM »
Your vase certainly appears in the 1967 catalogue. It is called Tryvann

Offline Kez

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 01:45:36 PM »
Thank you for all your info , Kez

Offline mbmb

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »
Hi, Sue

The Benny Motzfeldt marked Hadeland 8006 BM was designed in 1964. It was part of the Hadeland art glass range called K-glass (K for «kunst», meaning art), 8006 being the model number. The different designers were assigned a number series; Willy Johansson pieces were the 2000-series, and Benny Motzfeldt got the 8000 series. 8006 would then be the 6th model she designed for the art glass range. Her first models came in 1963, and she only designed a handful of them, leaving Hadeland in 1967.

The label with an H signifies mass produced fare, while the label for art glass had a K on it. This particular label design was used from 1960 until 1970.

mbmb

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 10:08:19 AM »
 :)
Thank-you so much for all that lovely information, mbmb! I suppose I should show it now. It's a nightmare beast to photograph, and possibly best done with a coloured liquid inside it. It's a very simple cylindrical shape, full of bubbles with a rounded top - but it has the outline of a bottle inside it.

The BM on the base is not in her scratchy "hand" - it is beautifully engraved.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand