Glass Discussion & Research. No ID requests here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Hadeland vase sticker help

(1/2) > >>

Kez:
Hello , this brown, clear cased Hadeland vase is 21 cm's high with a smooth base. I was wondering if the sticker which is metallic gold and black can be used for an indication of year produced? With thanks Kez

Sorry I have just realised I should of posted it on Scandinavian Glass , apologies.

chopin-liszt:
I don't know if this is going to be of any help, but I do have a Hadeland piece - a Benny Motzfeldt one with a Hadeland label - and it's quite different.
Basically the same shape, it is silver; the word "original" is written in small capital letters above the word Hadeland; there is the letter K in the middle, (where you have H); and in the third section it reads Norsk.
Underneath the piece is engraved Hadeland 8006. B.M. and there is a brown paper label - possibly aged brown - it's hard to tell and there is something written on it in pencil, but I don't know what. I don't even know if it was an original label.
I've just peered at it with my closest closeup glasses- I think it might read 8006, then a bit under that which might read New or Moz or Nov or Had.
I am clueless as to what year it was made, but I would be interested in finding out.  :)

langhaugh:
Your vase is pictured on p. 14 of Fire and Sea by Pina. It has the same label, too, but no attribution beyond Hadeland. The back of the book shows two other Hadeland labels, but hard to judge age beyond guessing 1960's/70's. The few Hadeland pieces I have are all signed, btw.

Benny Motzfeldt worked for Hadeland, 1955-67 if that helps. I should add I am definitely not saying that Benny is a candidate here.

David

Lustrousstone:
Your vase certainly appears in the 1967 catalogue. It is called Tryvann

Kez:
Thank you for all your info , Kez

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version