No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Val Saint Lambert - confirmation needed. ID = VSL  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Simba

• Members
  • QVOD SIS ESSE VELLIS - Be happy as you are !
    • Art Deco Glass
    • Wales
Val Saint Lambert - confirmation needed. ID = VSL
« on: April 13, 2013, 10:49:14 PM »
I found this lovely huge glass platter 14 inches diameter in a charity shop a few weeks ago it is clearly marked Val Saint Lambert Belgique (See link below) and is in th 1935 Luxval catalogue. Now I have purchased this pink trophy shaped bowl also in pink which I think is also from the Luxval range pattern item either 21 or 22 (No sizes given) on page 16 but it has no mark...so my question is is this Val Saint Lambert or not ?

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-18666

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Val Saint Lambert - confirmation needed
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »
Either VSL Luxval or Verlys of France. This pattern was made by both companies (I used to own an example with a moulded Verlys France mark). However, as there's more unmarked Luxval around than unmarked Verlys, yours is most likely to be VSL production. :)

Offline Simba

• Members
    • Art Deco Glass
    • Wales
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:25:34 PM »
thanks very much Steven  ;D

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:57:58 AM »
Hello Simba,

As mentioned by Mosquito, this model was also used by Verlys, however, there is a slight difference.

You have several panels/partitions, whatever you'd like to call them, on the side and the VSL Luxval model 'Noemi' has 14 panels, the Verlys version has 16.

From what i can see, i can count 14 so i would say it is made by Val St Lambert. It also visible in the catalogue of 1913 as 'coupe à pied' (footed bowl) and was in 1934 re-introduced as 'Coupe Noemi' for the Luxval range, together with some other models.

Earlier pressed glass pieces we're not always signed (pre Luxval), the later pieces were not always signed either, because the signature on the mold had worn out, so it is difficult to date this piece from an image, but i hope this helps anyway.

Offline Simba

• Members
    • Art Deco Glass
    • Wales
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 02:49:45 PM »
Thanks very much Anne Tique  :) that is a brilliant piece of information and very helpful.... that's another query resolved  ;D I love this message board!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand