Author Topic: Ravenhead Apollo Glasses by Annette Meech  (Read 1509 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
Ravenhead Apollo Glasses by Annette Meech
« on: April 27, 2006, 09:04:39 AM »
:D:D:D

While I agree there is a serious surfeit of Ravenhead "white fire" and "siesta", why, oh why can I not find large "Apollo" glasses? Even the wee ones are quite hard to find.
Apollo were designed by Anette Meech. They have a chunky, solid, rounded base, with a big dent in it, like a half bubble.
I've been collecting the Nevada glasses for some time now - they're very practical. They are coloured, mould blown, textured almost as if they're collapsing in on themselves. They hold a bottle of non-alcoholic ginger beer, and go nicely in the dish-washer. :D
Cheers, Sue (M)

“All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
    • Wilson & Coleman
Ravenhead Apollo Glasses by Annette Meech
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »
Aw, I love the hyperbole of amateur auctions... "This artefact is surely extremely rare if not uniquely surviving."

Here's my box of unique artifacts...  :lol:

They're smaller ones - I can't remember which exactly, and the box is buried somewhere. I've three boxes of Siesta too that I felt sorry for at a carboot t'other week, but one is missing a 26cl straight-edged tumbler.  :(

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk