Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Bohemia Glass labelled candlesticks - ID = Desna, Jablonec, 1985, Vaclav Hanus

<< < (2/2)

Sklounion:
Hi Frank,
It would not be appropriate for me to post any comment to Errors in Print, regarding "20th Century Factory Glass" as the book was not written by me.
Regards,
Marcus

Anne:

--- Quote from: "Le Casson" ---Hi Anne, David,
Please can I make it clear that the label is not specific to any one glass-works, but a AOC label(Appelation d'Origine Controlee) issued by Skloexport/Glassexport to show that the glass was made in Bohemia, and also glass type. These are sodium potash glass, as lead crystal carried a similar label stating naturally "Bohemia Crystal". That being the case, these are more likely to be from glass-works other than Bohemia Glassworks, as this was a lead crystal-making national corporation.

See ebay auction number 7394207976 for similarly marked candlesticks, but very definitely Desna, Jablonec, 1985, Vaclav Hanus, and sodium-potash glass.

Thanks for posting the image, Anne. I was surprised that there isn't one in Glass Marks.

Regards,

Marcus
--- End quote ---

Marcus, thanks for clarifying this - I thought that was what was being said in the earlier thread I read through, so it's good to know I got that right. ;)  I was also surprised there was no label in Glass Marks either which is why I added it - I think I'm paying more attention to labels and marks now than the glass at times!  :roll:   By the way, on the 7394207976 ones - if you zoom right into their label it actually says Bohemia Crystal not Bohemia Glass like mine - although the colour and shape of the label looks the same.

Sklounion:
My fault.
I have a quantity of Desna/Jablonecke Sklo pieces. All marked with the Bohemia Glass label. I know these are the same factory, and failed to check the exact wording. mea culpa."the colour and shape of the label looks the same".... but one still needs to read what it says, lesson learned... :oops:  :oops:
Regards,
Marcus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version