No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: venini glass egg? signed but canot workout full markings ??  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Katdil

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Any coloured glass
    • United Kingdom
Hi

hope someone can help be figure who made this glass egg
its a beautiful piece that i have had for a few years now, its green and blue pattern rather light hollow glass egg, stands about 6 inches tall

signed at the bottom what looks like to me as venini 88 ??at the bottom of the rim

any help would be appreciacted
regards
katherine

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: venini glass egg? signed but canot work out ??
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 02:22:15 PM »
Hi Katherine.
Venini is the correct attribution for these eggs which were (or are? made in mezza-filigrana and in various colour combinations.  88 would be the year of design rather than manufacture I think - it should be possible to get this confirmed. They were at least in the program until 2000 from when my Venini documentation dates.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand