No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mdina or just a lookie likie?  (Read 4490 times)

Offline BJB

• Members
Mdina or just a lookie likie?
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 09:23:14 AM »
Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your help, its one of those "?" items, which you think they might be something but on reflection or further reading are not ( if you know what I mean)

The trouble is when I first started to become interested in glass in the early 1990's, I bought anything and everything, and believed what ever I was told when buying it too. It was only when I invested in some books that I realised that the mistakes I had made.

As I had bought what I liked at the time it didn't matter,its only now when I want to pass some of them onto new homes that the subject of maker becomes more pressing. I don't want to miss-describe something or use the "generic" Murano etc, even though sometimes it is inavoidable.

Emptying the loft has been a bitter sweet jouney down memory lane, as some items were given by relatives and friends who are no longer here, and reminiscing about days out and holidays and who bought what, and sometimes, why they bought it! But the loft is now tidy, and the most precious memories have been tidied away until next time. Just got to sort the old shed out now :shock:

Barbara

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 03:55:38 PM »
:D:D:D
I hope you enjoyed your sojurn down memory lane, Barbara, and that you've kept enough to enable you to make the journey again!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 12:59:16 PM »
Hi Sue,

Yes everything of any note has been re-boxed and put back. But this time in each box we have included a written inventory of where, when and sometimes who bought what, who the people are on any photo's etc, so that if the children come to clear it out when we have gone, they will have a record and this may help them decided what they want to keep out of it.

Babara

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand