No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Italian Figural Scottie Dog Bowl - Cenedese - Da Ros?  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
Re: Italian Figural Scottie Dog Bowl - Cenedese - Da Ros?
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »
I agree it looks more like a French Bulldog than a Scottie
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 03:54:31 PM »
I'm thrilled for you Craig, and very glad that the bookends were there for you to see as well.

I vowed I would never pack any glass away but would keep getting more cabinets made....but there is only so much wall space, so I have (like many of you) resorted to putting my damaged glass that is still 'special', away in boxes along with the 'overflow' of pieces that I can't bear to part with.
The doggie is amongst them, and I will bookmark this thread so that if I come across him when I am rummaging through the boxes, I will take a picture and post it here.
I do have a very good memory for glass animals though and I KNOW it is the same maker, Cenedese. 
Yes, a very lovely gift.  :)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 04:56:25 AM »
I would have felt better if I could have seen a label for the bookends. They don't seem a lot like Da Ros to me. They seem more like Galliano Ferro. Craig, your bowl could be Cenedese, but the colors made me wonder about Ferro. I would love it if the bookends have a label on them. Then we would know for sure. They have to be the same maker as your bowl.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 09:11:14 PM »
Hi Anita, I have several pieces of Ferro in this "school" of colors, and the colors are slightly different....... especially the reds......  I have a couple of other pieces I believe to be Cenedese and the colors match up pretty well......  may never know for sure, but I agree that the bowl and bookends are one in the same production house and designer.

My inquiries on the bookends were never answered.......  i may ask again...... 

As always, thanks for your insight....

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand