No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Caithness bowl info needed  (Read 2040 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
Re: Caithness bowl info needed
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »
ive wrote an email to willie bain, so hoping i might find out something, dont know how to get in touch with Mark Hill, is he a member on here Sue?
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »
Yes, but he only pops in very occassionally.
I've just found his website, and unfortunately, he can't answer individual queries such as this. :-\
I suppose it must have got out of hand!
http://www.markhillpublishing.com/
He does "twit" a lot, I don't know how that works. (I don't use a mobile phone.)

Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »
oh well id better not ask him, he might read this post in the future i suppose, maybe someone else will have answers , fingers crossed, and if not well i suppose i still have a nice wee bowl

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 12:12:22 PM »
Have you thought of writing to Mark Hill to ask if he has any idea? He did, after all, write the recent Caithness book, so he might have an idea of how few of these really big bowls were produced. I do see a lot of Caithness around and have been familiar with it most of my life, and I have not seen these. Sorry I can't help more, I'm just rather fascinated and it's got me thinking. :)
I will ask in Crieff next time I'm there - there is a lady who does seem to know a bit about things.
yeah that would be great Sue if you could ask the lady at visitor center, noone else has came forward with any info as of yet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand