No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Origin of Snow White please.  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Origin of Snow White please.
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »
Apparently made in Italy under licence for Disney:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2502597
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 04:05:45 PM »
sincere thanks to everyone who contributed, especially Anne and Rosie for their very useful links, and seems we have them nailed down to Italy some time during the 1960's, which must admit I would never have guessed.
I found the figure yesterday morning quite early sitting on the ground at my favourite boot sale, and she cost me one pound - the cheapest girl I've ever brought home, and my wife wasn't even jealous. ;)   
I don't recall ever seeing any of the dwarfs, maybe they didn't especially come to the U.K. -  but it's good to know something of the background of these figures, and a useful addition to the search facility for anyone who may have a similar request in the future. :)
Should the lady eventually go to my favourite charity shop, I'll be able to give them some idea of a guide price. 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »
I saw the Pawn Stars link with the big group of figurines,  but I was frightened to open the link... just in case!  ???
But here is a dwarf for your Snow White, Paul:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Antique-Rare-Walt-Disney-Seven-Drawfs-Candy-Glass-Container-Figurine-/300886912045

Look at the price!! :o
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 06:23:47 PM »
thanks Rosie  -  certainly looks to be from a similar source to my Snow White, and a high price, but there doesn't seem to have been much interest yet, so perhaps they've over-cooked it and gone too high by far.              They can certainly have mine for half that!
Would agree re the heading of 'Pawn Stars', and did wonder if she might have been at the Smirnoff again. ;)  -  perhaps the Board should have another jokes session :-X (in the cafe, of course).

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand