No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: confirmation request for Davidson bowl 535.  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
confirmation request for Davidson bowl 535.
« on: May 05, 2013, 04:26:37 PM »
As with many of these 'black' pieces, it isn't in fact, and shows as a very deep purple under strong transmitted light.      Davidson is not something that I'm usually any good at, and often fail to find a matching illustration on the Stewart's web site - but believe I've seen this one described as pattern 535 bowl, from the 1960's, but I could be wrong.            Must admit I don't find the colour to be common, and prefer black when it comes in a matt version, but just thought I'd show this as it seemed a bit unusual, and although this design seems to be late in the Davidson timescale, suppose it's on a par with Bagley 'Jetique' which was also around the same period (late 1950's and '60's)  -  perhaps there was a fetish for black at the time, but not that I can recall.                    Diameter is about 10" (255mm) maximum.
Grateful if someone will confirm if I have the design/pattern No. correct  -  also if anyone knows when it first appeared.               
thanks for looking. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand