No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: My Latest Addition To My Collection  (Read 2672 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
My Latest Addition To My Collection
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:06:53 PM »
Heres a wee picture of todays purchase to add to my Ysart Glass collection, a nice size measuring over 9 inches high and just under 8 inches across at widest point, acid etched Vasart signature to base
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: My Latest Addition To My Collection
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:58:41 AM »
A real good find you have there Gary, I particularly like the colour scheme.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 07:37:03 AM »
A real good find you have there Gary, I particularly like the colour scheme.
Gary
yeah this is my second one , i owned the one pictured on Franks site ysart glass  about ten years back now, and at that time it was the first known to us collectors to surface , since then i know of only one other one which came from America a few years back which if i remember is a different colourway, im sure Luckyslap has the piece so maybe if hes reading this he could put pic up of his Ginger Jar aswell, and if anyone else has one please put pic up, cant remember who i sold my first one onto, it was slightly littler all round

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 08:52:32 AM »
Hi Gary I have an image of a Vasart ginger jar with a different colour scheme. I have not got permission to post it here, so I have sent you an email.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 10:39:55 AM »
thanks Gary , got the image, very nice too, mmm not sure if same as luckyslaps one, dont know, i shall have to give him a shout and get him to post a pic on here,

Offline luckyslap

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 11:57:22 AM »
Hello again,
This is turning into a habit!! I am off work this week so have got the time to post a picture of the Ginger Jar along with my favourite piece of Vasart ever. The quality of finish on it is superb and ranks alongside any Monart piece in MY opinion. Michael Parkington obviously thought the same ;)

Regards
Keith
ps That was a nice jar that you got Gary, knowing you I bet it was "cheap as chips"  ;D
Luckyslap.
You can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 12:21:00 PM »
very nice ginger jar Keith, also i love that Vasart colourway on your vase, as for cheap as chips, well chips aint cheap nowadays ;) ;D

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »
anyone else have a Vasart ginger jar that could post pics please

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »
i take it no-one else has a vasart ginger jar that they could put up pics?

Offline KatieK67

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2021, 02:15:07 PM »
Hi There

I know this thread has been long abandoned, but I think I have a Vasart or Strathearn Glass Ginger Jar & am finding it hard to find any information about it - and this is the only place that I've seen where I thought maybe I could get some help?

I'm pretty sure this ginger jar was a wedding gift for my parents, which would place it in 1956 - and I think it used to have a black & gold label on the base, but I may be wrong!  The piece isn't signed at all - and there is a crack on the shoulder of the base - but weirdly, I can't feel the crack, even although I can see it.  Also, there are some small black flecks in the glass.  Both of these things make me wonder if this might be a second?

Any information or help in identifying the jar would be really appreciated - apologies if I'm in the wrong place - I am new here ;D!

Many thanks,

Katie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand