No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: perthshire 1984  (Read 1598 times)

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
perthshire 1984
« on: May 15, 2013, 01:09:18 PM »
hi.
havent posed any pics in awhile but this one has me stumped.i know its a dated perthshire 1984 but i cannot find this case set up i thought all the dated P weights had the same cane set ups or am i miss informed.sorry about last pic the disc reads P 1984.any info appreciated...........happy hunting.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Nick77

• Members
Re: perthshire 1984
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 01:19:22 PM »
Hi Bri
It's a PP71 limited edition page 109 of the Mahoney and McClanahan book.

Nick

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 03:12:02 PM »
hi nick,
i only use the perthshire ref on the scottish glass website and i couldnt see that cane set up so i will look into it,i was going to buy the book but i havent gotten around to it as yet if i can find a copy.....
cheers for the info its much appreciated.:)

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 10:06:49 PM »
Hi nick,
i thought the perthshire weights on scottish glass were comprehensive but obv not so
I've just bought the book so saves me asking on here,could you tell me if they say how many we're issued in this edition,cheers

Offline Nick77

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 09:28:17 AM »
Hi Bri
Sorry the book doesn't give  a number just that it was a limited edition, it only seems to have numbers for the annual collections and Christmas weights. Whether this information was never recorded I don't know, matbe it was just limited by the fact it was only made during that year but not by edition size.
Maybe someone else here knows?

Nick

P.S. You'll enjoy the book it's a good read and an excellent rescource.

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 09:34:52 AM »
Hi nick,
i thought the Perthshire weights on Scottish glass were comprehensive but obv not so
Perthshire on ScotlandsGlass is far(!) from complete - and with a very small team we also have to set our priorities. Caithness still needs to be completed (though it is much nearer completion than Perthshire). My personal second priority is Selkirk, where not much is available (little on the internet and nothing printed): I already have images of almost all Selkirk weights on my hard disk - but it is a lot of work to get this online. For Perthshire there is an excellent "Complete Guide" (though only up to 1997 - Perthshire's last 5 years not covered) available, which is why it's lower down on my personal priority list for ScotlandsGlass.

So - if anyone out there is willing to help Frank put images into the image database (I "collect" the images), please, let us know ;).
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 11:05:14 AM »
hi Wuff.
i think all paperweight and scottish glass collector really appreciate all the work done on the website its def my 1st port of call with anything im unsure of.....................i would be more than happy to upload pics for the perthshire weights im always online beavering away so another task wouldnt be a bother........there is an image above which if good enough your more than welcome to use we should all help i reckon even if its just button tapping it all takes peeps time......
:)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 07:50:14 PM »
Hi,  due to a hiatus of a few years all of my sites software got woefully out of date and have had to go through major migrations. Currently working on the last one before Scotlandś Glass, which I left to last as it is the biggest and the experience of the others would help to avoid the problems of manual correction.  The current migration has hit a snag but as long as that is resolved soon, in a week or two Scotland's Glass should be undergoing ṕost migration checks before going live. After which any extra hands will be greatly welcomed as there is a lot of backlog to work through and not just paperweights!

Offline bigbri

• Members
    • knowledge
    • english lakes
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 08:05:47 PM »
Hi frank,
Just shout I'm a always happy to give back.
:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand