No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with Background History please - signed J Beranek piece  (Read 2141 times)

Offline paulnot

• Members
    • Beranek
    • uk
Hi

I recently brought this piece from a second hand shop.. it is signed J,Beranek  I know nothing of this person ....except what I have read on the internet...

I understand that their were two brothers ..both a first name begining with J... how do you tell the difference.!

Also ...does this particular piece have a particular style name ?...and finally.... were many pieces actually signed ?... I read in a book that had a comment saying they were never signed... either I mis understood ...or it is a fake.!

apologies if this is posted in the wrong place..first time on this web site...I normally collect west german pottery...but couldnt resist this piece of glass.!

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Help with Background History please
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 07:58:10 PM »
Hi and welcome to the GMB  :)

I think it would be helpful if you posted a photo of the signature. I believe your vase was made by Jindrich Beranek in Austria (who left Czechoslovakia -- and Skrdlovice glassworks -- in the 50s or early 60s... I can't remember, exactly. I know he was a young man). His Austrian pieces are usually signed.

Anik

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand