No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart shape TA  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Monart shape TA
« on: May 18, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »
Got this tall elegant(10.5 inches) TA shaped vase at my local auction. It has been a good month or so for my collection with this being the third shape that I don't have.
Gary

Offline luckyslap

• Members
Re: Monart shape TA
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 04:08:08 PM »
Gary,
I have just had a look in the cupboard upstairs, I could offer you a matching vase with complete W2 ware label  ;)

ps Unfortunately it's colour code 96 so I will just have to keep it.  ;D
Luckyslap.
You can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 04:42:33 PM »
nice piece Gary, thats the second piece ive seen like this over the weekend exactaly the same, Keith put a pic of your up please and pic of the label , you dont see W2 labeled pieces very often
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:36:31 AM »
ps Unfortunately it's colour code 96 so I will just have to keep it.  ;D
Thats a pity Keith I have not got a piece with that colour code  :).
nice piece Gary, thats the second piece ive seen like this over the weekend exactaly the same, Keith put a pic of your up please and pic of the label , you dont see W2 labeled pieces very often
Thanks Gary, below is an image of my one and only W2 labeled piece, Z shape ginger jar with colour code 156.

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 07:55:24 PM »
very nice ginger jar, i will have to look mones out and put it on display, though its just basic green with the blue slighty through ti if i remember , it does have a full label , come on Keith post a pic then,

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 09:26:48 PM »
Gary dont know how to break this to you but your label isnt a W2 its a W3 label :-[ ::)

Offline luckyslap

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39:03 PM »
I was just about to make comment when you replied Millarart. However as you requested here is the W2 label from the TA vase. Not perfect but good enough. :)

Keith
Luckyslap.
You can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 09:39:20 PM »
You are right Gary it is W3 ware label, got that wrong  :-[. Though I do have a W1 label on a A shaped vase colour code 56.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »
Lol, W1 and W3 are quite common for Ware labels but W2 is the rare one, very nice Keith to see pic of yours, oh and Gary i sent you an email ;D

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 05:47:46 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ok im thinking i worded the above wrong, the Ware labels arent common, i meant out of the three Ware labels used W1 and W3 are the ones seen the most with W2 being the rarest out of the Wares to have been seen, thought id better say this before someone picks up on it, i myself aint that bothered if a piece is labeled or not as long as i like the piece, but guess it helps age a piece when they are labeled and if colour coded the all the better, specially when its a colour unknown, though saying that i think in a few cases unless theres more than one of the same colourway with a label stating the same code then how do you know its the correct code for that colourway as in the past myself and am sure most of us owns or has came across a labeled piece with the wrong colour code on it,  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand