Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Murano & Italy Glass

Have a Glass bird I could sure help with is it a Murano? tia

(1/2) > >>

atruheart:
wondering if you lovely people can tell me for sure if this is Murano? Also what name of bird would you call it? It is heavy and has copper colored aventurine swirls inside. Measures approx. 7" in H.
tia
Atruheart

atruheart:
Shooot...Im sorry will this pic of the bottom help? and the piece is approx. 7-8" in H.

Atruheart

horochar:
I'm thinking Italian/Murano or Chinese.  I'm also thinking it's a relatively recent or new piece.  

Can anyone tell me, what's the conventional wisdom on the base being NOT polished?  Does that automatically disqualify it as being Murano?  If not, does it signify that it's made by a low-quality producer?  A Formia bird I posted last week doesn't have a polished base, but is (in my opinion) very high quality.

Charles.

chuggy:
Irrespective of the base, I don't think the features of the bird are either clearly enough defined, of abstractly stylised enough for it to be one of the better Murano workshops and if it is Murano, then likely to be a more recent generic piece.
Paul

atruheart:
Thanks! respect your thoughts! :-) So Murano but probably new...it's ok I bought it for my research purposes and didn't pay too much. Just leaning about Italian glass and Newer art glass.

thanks!
Atruheart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version