No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Podebrady pressed glass vase by Vaclav Horacek  (Read 2562 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Podebrady pressed glass vase by Vaclav Horacek
« on: May 22, 2013, 04:40:16 PM »
Not a very common piece of Czech pressed glass:
huge jardiniere (22.5 cm wide, 17 cm high) in pressed lead crystal, designed by Vaclav Horacek for Podebrady glassworks around 1968.
Took me a while to identify it: >> Link to CGR

Unfortunately with several flaws, but I am sure it will look great with flowers in it ;)

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Podebrady pressed glass vase by Vaclav Horacek
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 05:07:21 AM »
Shame about the flaws, but well done, Michael (including finding it in the CGR).

P.S. I've also come around to using some of my imperfect glass. I've got 2 50s Skrdlovice pieces (a platter and a bowl) with some scratches which are on the living room coffee table and are used to hold fruit and sweets... much nicer looking than the Corelle kitchen plates and bowls I used earlier. :)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Podebrady pressed glass vase by Vaclav Horacek
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:04:59 AM »
Thank you, Anik!
It is a nice design, and despite the flaws still a quite impressive piece...

One advantage of slightly damaged pieces -- they can be used without much worrying, and still look striking.
But I use almost all my Czech pressed glass vases; especially the bulgy Vizner vases are perfect for tulips :)

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand