No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Arrived at last  (Read 2858 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Arrived at last
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 12:36:20 PM »
For flower arrangements, I believe the "official" flower to vase ratio should be 3:2.
(going back to what I learned during bits of Duke of Edinburgh Awards - blame them if I'm wrong!)

I would imagine this proportion would be pleasing for a lamp too.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 01:16:50 PM »
For flower arrangements, I believe the "official" flower to vase ratio should be 3:2.
(going back to what I learned during bits of Duke of Edinburgh Awards - blame them if I'm wrong!)

I would imagine this proportion would be pleasing for a lamp too.

thanks Sue sounds about right , al go find measure tape lol
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 05:05:28 PM »
 ;)
Well, you don't need to go putting something on top of it that detracts from it, you need something which will be balanced and make it look better than it does alone. The light inside it really is a good idea - even if it's not originally intended as a lamp.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »
im not too sure if it was just a vase that someone has put a fitting in or if it maybe started off as a lamp  as ive been told that libertys put their own fittings in the Monart vases and the same fittings were used in the pieces of Moorcroft etc that they sold , I assume they had the lamp shades painted to match the vase colourways, if this is the case then these vases would not be acid washed inside, so can anyone tell me if this is the case, so now I would like to know did Monart sell them just the basic vase or did Monart supply the vases (acid washed) with fittings and colour matching shades to Libertys or did Libertys just add the fittings and shades themselves, if you look at the Moorcroft vase lamps  and other makers vase lamps that they sold  they seem to have the same fittings on them , so this could be possible that Libertys had a supply of different size and style fittings that they used on various makers vases whether glass or ceramic and they picked and used them to suit the piece, if this is the case did Monart sell vase lamps from their factory that maybe they acid washed them to diffuse the light, ???????
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 05:42:11 PM »
Before my time, in oh-so-many-ways, Gary!  ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline millarart

• Members