No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vase Controlled Bubbles ID Needed  (Read 344 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline adam20

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 1368
  • Gender: Male
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Vase Controlled Bubbles ID Needed
« on: May 30, 2013, 03:25:39 PM »
Here is a medium vase 6 inches high in brown with controlled bubbles. Not in the Whitefriars book that I can see. I think it's British but could be Scandinavian? Any help appreciated.


Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via

Offline Paul S.

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 7966
  • Gender: Male
Re: Vase Controlled Bubbles ID Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 06:23:55 PM »
outside of W/Fs, makers of bubbled glass in the U.K. don't seem to have gone in for the controlled effect, so my very inexpert thoughts would be that this is not British.               Lots of Scandi material with bubbles, so that's a possibility  -  but then so might be the Far East. 
Beyond that regret I'm unable to help.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through


Look for glass on 
Look for glass on (US)

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand