No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Crackle ball vase with "konstglas" label  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Crackle ball vase with "konstglas" label
« on: June 09, 2013, 10:56:52 AM »
This is a ball vase in light green crackle and with a clear eyelet supposedly for hanging.  It has a small snapped off pontil mark.

The silver and blue foil label is one I have not been able to find anywhere. It has a fleur-de-lis and says KONST   G...  - so it has to be Swedish, right?

Kastrup used the fleur de lis in the past, but that was not a sleek narrow one but a much more voluptuous labelfiller.

All in all, does anyone recognise this label?

Offline Glass Nisse

• Members
Re: Crackle ball vase with "konstglas" label
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 03:11:19 PM »
It looks like a small vintage item from the glass works at Skansen, the open air museum in Stockholm:

http://www.skansen.se/en/artikel/glassworks

All the similar items I have seen have a foil label that says "Konst Glass" (art glass) and "Skansen." They were made on sight and sold as souvenirs. I've been trying to find a good image somewhere online...

Offline Glass Nisse

• Members

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Crackle ball vase with "konstglas" label
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 04:26:05 PM »
Bravo and thank you!

Here is the missing label for the label section, taken off a little scottie dog - photo of which I cannot now locate.... I just had not made the connection!

Stockholms Glasbruk was run by Tore Berglund from 1936 to 1980, it then went to Göran and Marianne Hammar and is now Karin Hammar; not sure how the family relates but I think they do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand