No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Eric Hoglund?  (Read 2357 times)

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
Eric Hoglund?
« on: June 18, 2013, 03:11:21 PM »
 i think this is my best find so far,it cost £3 plus fuel and the constant searching whenever i get the chance,i was a potter for 20 years or more,so when i saw it, it was love at first sight since we share the same aesthetic..its 11cm high and 20cm wide ,i hope I'm right in thinking it's an Eric Hoglund?

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Eric Hoglund?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »
Did you know we have a "sister" potty board?

Your bowl does look Hoglund-y, but wait until a real Hoglund afficionado comes along.

John? (glassobsessed) ;) Where are you?

Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 05:39:59 PM »
John has a blue one here :)
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,26325.msg145002.html#msg145002
yes  that is a mark for Erik Hoglund.  John's is also marked the same.
I think one of the numbers is for the size, either in height mm for a vase or diameter for a bowl ... I think  :)
m

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »
The amber looks superb in direct sunlight and yes the /210 will be diameter in mm.

That blue bowl was my first bit of Boda and of course Hoglund design. Space dictates that I only keep the clear animals and figures now... and schnapps bottles, plus there is an odd vase and a bowl. :-[

An album of Hoglund designs here: https://picasaweb.google.com/Johnmj100/ErikHoglund

John

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 11:32:15 PM »
thanks for the replies everyone and thanks john for opening my eyes to his other pieces,i have to admit I'm a bit blown away by Mr Hoglund, i find his work very natural and shows a real understanding and love of his material,luckily or unluckily money is an object for me so I'm just going to have to hope lady luck smiles on me again sometime..

Offline Glass Nisse

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 02:50:10 PM »
John,

Your collection of Erik Höglund pieces is fabulous. I'm curious about the piece in the second row, third from the left. I've seen it called everything from a dog to a bear to a dinosaur. Is it supposed to be anything other than whimsical?

Also love your photo technique.

thanks,

Carl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand