No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Wall Sconces (almost)  (Read 1957 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Wall Sconces (almost)
« on: June 25, 2013, 05:46:00 AM »
Hi All - just a bit excited. I just bought 8 of these to use as wall sconces for my new house if it ever gets out of the council (currently 15 weeks).

They came from a large chandelier and are 300mm (12") high by 200mm (8") wide. He is going to send me all the other bits that came from it to see if I can use them at all.

The seller thinks they are Seguso (any ideas?), and they may be.  I have been looking for Murano sconces and the prices have been amazing so I am happy to have some that are large and look excellent.

hope you agree.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
Re: Wall Sconces (almost)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
They are rather gorgeous!  :)
Nancy

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 02:24:53 PM »
 :'(
No point in me drooling. Michael wouldn't let them in the house. He is already pushed to his absolute limit with my Kralik Knuckle bowl - which I have to keep out of his sight.
What a way to celebrate a new house, Ardy - beats "bad wine disguised by bubbles" any day!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 09:47:32 PM »
Thanks Sue and Wolkenreb.

You must put a link in to the offending knuckle bowl, love to see it.

Fortunately my partner Alison loves these. She has not always loved some of the glass I buy, and hates the Archimede Seguso console bowl and a simple A.S. bowl that lights up when the sun hits it large console bowl shown below.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:18:51 PM »
I don't suppose you have a picture of the chandelier intact? It must have been magnificent! What a lovely way to start your new home. Like Sue, I'm a bit envious but I couldn't house them either.  ;D
Nancy

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 10:57:10 PM »
No Sorry - all he said was that he would pack the other bits in the box when he posts them to me. So it will be a bit of an exciting box opening. Don't want a chandelier, was offered one for $500 a couple of years ago but they don't do it for me.

What do you think are the chances of a nervous breakdown if some of the postal delivery people we have in Australia decide to kick it to my front door?
Archimede tops my list.

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 01:06:34 AM »
Hopefully the other bits are the fixings etc and not any more glass, so no worries as they say down under I believe.  ::)
Nancy

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Wall Sconces (arrived)
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 10:46:09 PM »
Well the sconces have landed and are in excellent condition.

Does anyone out there have murano wall sconces? These sit a little too far from the wall but would like to know how far out the 'real' ones sit? These are 150mm(6") out and the glass goes up at an angle out from there, don't want to burn the wall but also dont want to hit them with my head. The brackets are easy enough to cut down and re-thread.
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand