No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Brockwitz  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Nora761

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Brockwitz
    • United States
Brockwitz
« on: June 26, 2013, 09:00:06 PM »
Hi everyone, I am not a glass collector, however, I came across an amber Brockwitz  fruit bowl that has the parakeets on the handles.  I researched it and found one that sold on eBAy.  The description of the sold bowl stated that it was pre WWII Germany.  I also saw the Brockwitz catalogue for 1941 and found the bowl there.  After comparing the two bowls, I realized that the eBay bowl's parakeets are frosted but the bowl I bought is identical except for the parakeets, they are clear amber on my bowl.  Can anyone give me more information on what time period my bowl might come from, or if it is a later post war piece??  I appreciate any information I can receive.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Brockwitz
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 05:10:21 PM »
Hello Nora, and welcome to GMB!

Pre WWII I'd say for both versions, frosted and clear.
To the best of my knowledge did Brockwitz stop manufacturing these decorative items during the war and produced only 'kitchen glass' - catalogue Leipzig fair 1950  in times of GDR.

We do not know what happened to the moulds, unfortunately.

Certainly your parakeet bowl is much rarer than the other animal handled Brockwitz bowls - here's my green   I'd appreciate an image of yours, thank you!  :)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »
... and here´s a pink one:  :)
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline Nora761

• Members
    • Brockwitz
    • United States
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:26:53 PM »
I can't seem to get my picture to post.  The program keeps telling me that my image is too large and I have been using several different photo methods to try and post.  What type of picture is best to post?

Offline jenswan

• Members
    • watford glass
    • hampshire
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »
Hi

Not sure if I can post this but for "thumbnails" I use Easy Thumbnails

http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

it is free

Regards Jen

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »
Nora, a thumbnail will be created automatically here, condition is your image does not exceed 125 kb - you can add up to 4 photos per post.

Please read here for further Techie Tips from Anne

:)

Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand