No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ruby ribbed bowl, clear / gold foot and trailed rim  (Read 1868 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Ruby ribbed bowl, clear / gold foot and trailed rim
« on: June 29, 2013, 03:20:12 PM »
Don't know if it is possible to find a maker for a piece in this style which was probably used by several companies, but I try :)

Ruby red ribbed bowl, 26 cm x 18 cm, 10 cm high, rim with applied clear glass trail (with gold foil added).
The foot made me think of Barovier & Toso, as it is quite similar to several figural pieces by them -- but don't know if this is sufficient...

Thanks for looking!
Michael

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Ruby ribbed bowl, clear / gold foot and trailed rim
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »
I think you're right about the B&T. I haven't seen that type of base done by anyone else. The color and shape also look like something they would have done. Gorgeous bowl.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Re: Ruby ribbed bowl, clear / gold foot and trailed rim
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:19:24 AM »
Thank you so much, Anita!
I was hoping that the foot was distinctive enough.

And yes, it is quite an elegant piece. I like the simple shape without too much ruffled decoration...

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand